To provide leadership and a collective voice to improve health, through knowledge sharing, capacity building and partnership.
The Public Health Association of South Africa is committed to the following core values
- Social responsibility
- Caring/ compassion/ empathy
The organisation is represented on the governing council of both the WORLD Federation of Public Health Associations and the African Federation of Public Health Associations.
- PHASA has an executive committee accountable to its members.
- All executive members are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) for a three year term.
- The Secretariat is contracted to the Medical Research Council (MRC) and the organization is financially audited annually.
- The organisation and management of the organisation is outlined in our Memorandum of Incorporation (MoI)
Additional documents that govern our functions include
- Funding, Donations and Sponsorship Policy (FDSP). This document provides guidelines for evaluating potential relationships with external funding entities (EFE)
- Executive members travel policy
- Policy document on sub groups
- Membership Document (in development)
- Advocacy Strategy (in development)