The Public Health Association of South Africa (PHASA) is a voluntary organisation of individuals passionate about population health improvements and the reduction of health inequities, and whose work focuses on the prevention of disease, the promotion of health, and the improved functioning of the country’s health care system.
So please join PHASA and:
- Be part of the debates on public health and development issues.
- Contribute to and receive our quarterly newsletter.
- Meet other members of the public health community at our conferences and activities.
- Become a member of the World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA).
As a PHASA member you are eligible to:
- Vote, nominate and be nominated and elected for the PHASA executive committee.
- Vote for resolutions at the PHASA Annual General Meeting.
- Start or join a Special Interest Group.
As a PHASA member your responsibilities are to:
- Adhere to the articles of association.
- Grow the discipline of public health in South Africa, thereby influencing global public health developments
Annual Membership fee (from 1 March 2018 to end of February 2019):
- Standard Registration – R600.00
- Student Registration – R350.00
PHASA membership form
Please complete the online membership form
If you would like to make a donation to PHASA, please use the following banking details:
- Public Health Association of South Africa
- First National Bank
- Rondebosch, Branch no. 201509
- Business Cheque Account: 50221142983
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
Please note that the costs for an international transfer are for the member.