SAFETP constituted an Epidemiology Working Group at PHASA 2013 which is awaiting approval from the DDG of Health. The Epidemiology Special Interest Group will pursue some of the activities of the Epidemiology Working Group such as:
- Reviewing a rapid appraisal of current epidemiology training in SA;
- Exploring different models of best practice in building epidemiology capacity
- Determine what epidemiology competencies are required by various cadres of HCWs
- Determine where in the current and proposed DOH structures epidemiologists should be placed;
- Determine the most appropriate epidemiological capacity building model for South Africa.
Contact person: Ehi Igumbor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted in PHASA news