Right to Care is a Johannesburg based non-profit (section 21 company), funded by USAID with a vision that all HIV-positive patients receive high quality treatment, care and support, improving their quality of life and productivity.
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – Health Systems Strengthening programme
Locations: Overberg & Central Karoo Districts (Western Cape)
Reporting to: M&E Specialist and Provincial Manager
Qualification and experience
- Degree/Diploma in health / public health / social sciences, or other relevant field.
- Monitoring & Evaluation training.
- 5 years of work experience in data management.
- 2 years of work experience in managing HIV/TB Care & Treatment-related data, including data verification / quality assurance.
- 2 years of work experience with Department of Health data/monitoring systems, from patient record level to District Health Information System (DHIS) level.
- Sound knowledge of HIV/TB Care & Treatment programmes, including basic clinical knowledge.
- Experience in managing of staff and training and facilitation skills would be an added advantage.
- Computer certification, including Ms Excel.
Key performance areas amongst others include
- Strengthen and support the public health information system in the Right to Care-supported district.
- Support the implementation of Department of Health electronic and paper-based data management tools and systems in all public health facilities in the district.
- Provide training, mentoring, and technical assistance to enhance M&E/data-related capacity of the District Management Team, sub-district teams, and health facilities.
- Support the District Management Team, sub-district teams and facilities with routine tracking, quality assurance, dissemination, analysis and usage of HIV/TB-related data.
- Compile and disseminate regular quality-assured reports on programmatic data to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that Right to Care’s Data Quality Mentor Team in the district is fully staffed, trained, managed and motivated.
Technical skills and behavioral competencies
- Must have above average computer and numeracy skills.
- Must have initiative and be able to plan and monitor the flow of activities and outcomes.
- Must have above average analytical, auditing and reporting skills.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail and write clear and concise reports.
- Must be proficient in English and one local language in the location of the post.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in district where post is based, with occasional overnight national travel.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and own transport.
- Applicants will be expected to pass a series of tests (technical skills and knowledge), to be written at our offices in Johannesburg, Nelspruit, Bethlehem, or Hermanus. Travel arrangements and costs to be covered by the applicants.
Interested applicants must submit their CV and letter of motivation by:
Faxing: 086 725 8828
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization.
Date Advertised: 03 December 2014
Closing date: 09 December 2014
Posted in Job opportunities