Right to Care is a Johannesburg based non-profit (section 21) National coverage. Right to Care delivers and supports the provision of quality health care through innovative approaches that are responsive to health care needs.
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Paediatrician Doctor
Location: Gauteng – Witkoppen Clinic
Reporting to: Head of Department
Qualifications and Experience:
- MBCHB or equivalent
- Certification in HIV and/or TB management
- A post graduate qualification in HIV Management or Public Health will be an added advantage
- At least 2-3 Paediatrician experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work 3 days a week 8 hours per day and see Paeds HIV and TB patients.
- Also be called for Paeds casualty
- Competent in HIV, TB and STI programme implementation
- Ability to lead, supervise and support counsellors and peer educators and other support group facilitators to initiate and maintain support groups
- Good communication, interpersonal, conflict management and negotiation skills
- Team leader and team player
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
- Implement a comprehensive HIV/TB/STI care and treatment programme at facility level
- Ensure provision of quality clinical healthcare in correctional facilities
- Inform the development and adaptation of guidelines for treatment
- Promote and support the establishment of referral links to ensure continuation of treatment of patients
- Implement tools of good practice i.e. treatment standards and guidelines, SOPs, registers, clinical stationery etc.
- Participate in the assessment of clinical skills and training needs of all levels of health care workers in the correctional facilities
- Capacity building of nurses and other health care workers, as may be required, through on the job training and mentoring
- Maintain and submit records of activities
- Participate in programme audits
- Ability to plan and manage one’s own time effectively.
- Ability to work with a multidisciplinary team
- Performing tasks accurately, completely and effectively in line with management expectations and department performance standards.
Interested applicants must submit their CV, a copy of their ID and qualifications and letter of motivation by:
Fax number: 086 433 2646
Closing date: 09 November 2014
Posted in Job opportunities