Right to Care is a Johannesburg based non-profit (section 21) company with national coverage. Right to Care delivers and supports the provision of quality health care through innovative approaches that are responsive to health care needs.
Position: M&E Manager
Location: Based in Centurion (Pretoria)
Reporting to: DCCS Programme Manager & M&E Specialist
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree (Masters) in health, public health, social sciences, behavioural sciences, or related field
- Formal training in M&E
- 3-5 years experience in managing HIV/AIDS-related data, including data quality assurance
- 2 years experience in working with DoH data/M&E systems (from patient-record level to DHIS level)
- 2 years experience in managing staff
- 2 years experience in training / facilitation
- Experience in NDoH and donor reporting
Key Performance Areas include:
- To enhance M&E capacity among staff and sub-recipient partner organizations in the programme, to ensure accountability, facilitate planning and strengthen service delivery.
- To provide M&E technical assistance, strategic guidance, training and practical support to staff and sub-recipients.
- To document and continuously improve Right to Care’s M&E system relating to the programme.
- To collect, verify, collate and analyse data on performance indicators from programme staff and sub-recipients.
- Closely monitor data quality by means of routine and periodic data quality assessments.
- To manage the programme’s M&E and data team.
- To consistently and transparently disseminate and report M&E data to leadership, funders and stakeholders.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Post-matric diploma in computer literacy including MsOffice suite and database applications
- Strong knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Proficiency in English
- Attention to detail
- Aptitude for, and interest in, numbers
- Good interpersonal and time management skills
- Above-average logical and analytical thinking
- Strategic vision
- Able to work independently
- Must have valid driver’s license and own car.
- Willing and able to travel nationally extensively, including flying and overnight trips.
- Flexibility in terms of working hours, including after-business hours if required, especially during site visits and during deadline periods.
Applicants will be expected to pass a series of tests (numerical, logical and technical skills and knowledge) as a prerequisite for an interview. Tests can be written at our offices in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Bethlehem, or Nelspruit, but interviews will be conducted in Johannesburg/Pretoria only. Travel arrangements and costs are to be covered by the applicant.
Interested applicants must submit their CV and letter of motivation by:
Faxing: 086 725 8828
Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful, we nonetheless want to thank you for your interest shown in our organization.
Right to Care web-site: www.righttocare.org
Date advertised: 2 Oct 2014
Closing date: 13 Oct 2014
Posted in Job opportunities