Right to Care is a Johannesburg based non-profit (section 21) National coverage. Right to Care delivers and supports the provision of quality health care through innovative approaches that are responsive to health care needs.
Right to Care has the following vacancy and encourages suitably qualified candidates to apply.
Position: Enrolled Nurse
Location: Free State, Northern Cape and KwaZulu – Natal Regions: various locations within the regions
Reporting to: Area/Regional Clinical Lead
Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate of enrolment as an Enrolled Nurse and registration with the South African Nursing Council as an Enrolled Nurse
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an enrolled nurse, 2 of which should be in HIV and TB programs
- Ability to communicate in English and/or another South African language
- Computer literate in MS Office suite
- Clear criminal record
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Competent in HIV, TB and STI programme implementation
- Ability to lead, supervise and support counsellors and peer educators and other support group facilitators to initiate and maintain support groups
- Good communication, interpersonal, conflict management and negotiation skills
- Team leader and team player
- Valid code 08 driver’s license
- Assist with the provision of a MMC, HIV and TB program in support of correctional services health
- Assist with the provision of mentorship for MMC, HIV and TB screening of inmates with linkage to HIV care and TB management
- Assist with phlebotomy duties under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/Medical Practitioner
- Collaborate with correctional services health staff in engaging correctional centre’s for the provision of HIV/TB prevention strategies, including MMC
- Maintain relations with correctional services centre managers and officials, and Department of Health HAST Managers
- Assist with mobilisation efforts for newly diagnosed HIV, STI and TB testing and screening and continuum of care program in correctional centre’s for remand and released inmates
- Assist with complete documentation and updating of HIV/TB and ART registers
- Assist with the provision of technical assistance in HIV counselling and manage and track referral of HIV, STI and TB cases
- Assist during the MMC procedures in pre and post-operative care.
- Promote and adhere to all infection prevention and control protocols.
- Promote and adhere to medical waste management protocols.
- Own transport will be considered an added advantage
Interested applicants must submit their CV, a copy of their ID and qualifications and letter of motivation by:
Fax number: 086 433 2646
Closing date: 30 September 2014
Posted in Job opportunities