The ComaCARE Trust is a values-led organisation, mobilising the energy and commitment of volunteers and professionals dedicated to preventing and addressing brain injury. It rehabilitates survivors and provides support to their family members, provides public education on factors contributing to brain injury in South Africa, uses evidence-based practice in prevention and rehabilitation programmes, and advocates for better services for brain injury survivors and their families and communities.
ComaCARE has four main programmes:
- ComaCARE bedside care and counselling at Groote Schuur Hospital
- HeadsUP!, a rehabilitation outreach programme operating from a hub in Khayelitsha, with plans to expand to other centres
- Imbizo ya Madoda, a mens’ and boys’ wellness movement, which aims to be independent by 2016 and includes a BoyzBuddiez education programme in schools
- A training programme, including materials development and application for accreditation of all courses.
ComaCARE seeks to employ a Director to lead the organisation.
- Providing overall leadership and management of the organisation, including development of strategy, programme plans, monitoring and evaluation systems and organisational reporting
- Ex-officio role as director reporting to the Board of Trustees
- Advocating ComaCARE’s position consistently through a range of initiatives in the broader environment
- Ensuring that appropriate information supporting ComaCARE’s position is presented to decision makers, stakeholders and the media
- Building strategic partnerships and marketing the work of ComaCARE
- Raising funds for ComaCARE’s work and developing relationships with funding entities
- Tracking and reporting on the finances of the organisation
- Oversight of human resourcing and human resource management
- Line management of senior staff and key support staff.
We are seeking someone with:
- Vision, motivation and responsibility
- A tertiary qualification in public health, humanities, social sciences or another relevant field
- 7-10 years of proven experience at senior management level, preferably as a director
- Strong strategic, programmatic , financial , fundraising, human resource and diversity management skills
- Ability to manage and lead a multi-disciplinary team approximately 20 people, including volunteers
- Strong planning and financial management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills and networking with internal and external stakeholders (national and international)
- Ability to represent the organisation and interact with its stakeholders and target audience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Clean code B (08) driver’s licence and willingness to use own transport (reimbursement will be provided)
- Fluency in English, with Xhosa and/or Afrikaans an advantage.
The selection process will include interviews, competency assessments, checking of references, and verification of qualifications and driver’s licence.
Ms Sharon Kouta, Chairperson of the ComaCARE Trust’s Board, is available for enquiries at 078 458 9478.
Please submit a cover letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae, including three references and contact details, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24 September 2014
Posted in Job opportunities