Right to Care is a Johannesburg based non-profit (section 21) company with national coverage. Right to Care delivers and supports the provision of quality health care through innovative approaches that are responsive to health care needs.
The Clinical Lead will support service delivery and provide technical support to correctional service facilities in the region. Applicants must note that attendance at correctional facilities and extensive in-country travel will be a requirement. Part-time working may be considered. The Clinical Lead will provide Health Systems strengthening expertise to support the provision and improvement of HIV/TB clinical services within the Correctional Services facilities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide strategic leadership to improve operational efficiency within the health facilities in correctional services in order to improve health outcomes
- To establish networks and links with stakeholders both within and outside correctional services including community corrections, parole boards, MDR units, district health services etc.
- To provide clinical guidance to department of justice and correctional services management and structures as may be required
- To represent the department authoritatively at provincial and public forums
- To oversee clinical governance to ensure consistent high standards of service provision and patient care within correctional facilities
- To manage complicated HIV/TB cases and offer expert advice for the management of such patients
- To support the development and implementation of QA/QI activities within correctional services
- To support the Departments of Justice and Correctional Service and Health in the development and/or review of policies, guidelines and procedures in line with the strategic goals of the South African Government and relevant latest legislation
- To provide in-service training, clinical mentoring, support and coaching for medical officers, pharmacists and NIMART trained nurses
- Submit monthly reports on technical assistance activities as well as findings and recommendations for the improvement clinical services
- MBChB and current registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Officer
- Diploma in HIV Management
- Post graduate qualification in either of the following: HIV/ AIDS/ TB/ STI or Public Health/ Health Management will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years clinical experience
- At least 5 years in the clinical practice of HIV and related diseases medicine, 3 of which should have been in public health care
- A valid driver’s license is an essential requirement that must be maintained throughout the period of employment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV, a copy of their ID and qualifications and letter of motivation to:
Fax number: 086 433 2646
Closing date: 31 September 2014 at 16h00
Find further details about Right to Care and this position
Posted in Job opportunities