The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) was established in 2002 to increase access to care and treatment for people living with HIV/AIDS and to strengthen health systems in resource-poor countries. Over the past few years, CHAI has expanded the scope of our work to include access to high-quality treatment for malaria, new vaccines, essential medicines, TB among others. Currently, CHAI partners with governments in more than 25 countries while more than 70 countries directly benefit from the low-priced drugs and diagnostic test agreements that CHAI has negotiated.
CHAI is seeking a Program Director for South Africa who will manage a portfolio of transformative programs and teams focused on HIV as well as support CHAI leadership in the development and launch of new initiatives. Currently CHAI is supporting the Government of South Africa in areas such as Access of Medicines, Medical Circumcision, M&E and Information Systems, Laboratory Services, Financial and Operational Efficacy and Effectiveness, MDR TB, among others. The ideal candidate will be expected to use strong internal and external relationship management, exceptional team development and management, and rigorous analysis to develop and execute high-impact programs.
The Program Director will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling program activities.
The Program Director will perform a range of activities that will be specified in the Job Description. Some of the primary duties and responsibilities for this role will include:
- Lead and oversee all aspects of CHAI’s multiple programs in South Africa and achieve its goals, targets, and objectives;
- Develop and implement management systems and structures to ensure optimal, high-impact program outcomes, as well as the development and retention of staff;
- Work closely with government partners to align CHAI work streams and deliverables against national priorities;
- Work with Program Managers to set program direction and goals, defining targets and measuring program performance across several focus states and multiple funding streams while establishing aggressive operational milestones and achieving program objectives;
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees;
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards;
- Ensure transparency of results for CHAI’s programs, including financial and operational performance, based on an effective monitoring and evaluation system, and ensure timely reporting of results to partners and donors;
- Along with CHAI Country Leadership and the operations team, manage operational and administrative aspects of the country programs like budgeting, HR, recruitment, etc.;
- Any other task as requested by the CHAI Country Leadership.
- A master’s degree in business administration, public health, international policy, Economics, or a related subject and a minimum of ten years progressively responsible experience in the public or private sector OR A bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health, international policy, Economics or a related subject and a minimum of fifteen years progressively responsible experience in public or private sector;
- Proven program management skills, based on several years of experience in strategic, operational, and financial management of complex, multi-stakeholder programs/projects;
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate effectively and build durable relationships with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst mentoring a team to perform consistently;
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage large teams of professionals;
- Ability to navigate complex government processes and favorably influence decision-making in a professional and collaborative manner;
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- Advanced degrees in management, public health, or other relevant fields;
- Knowledge of health financing, health systems strengthening, and/or global healthcare systems;
- Previous engagement with public sector in the design and delivery of efficient systems and services;
- Work experience in sub-Sahara Africa especially Southern Africa;
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 08/14/2015
Posted in Job opportunities