The Chief Directorate: Women’s Health, Maternal and Reproductive Health of the National Department of Health seeks candidates with an MBChB or equivalent qualification registrable with the Health Professions Council of SA as well as a post-graduate qualification in reproductive and/or sexual health. Furthermore, candidates are required to have at least five years middle management experience in family, neonatal and maternal health as well as sexual and reproductive health and rights. Experience must also include policy and guideline development as well as HR, financial and project management. Knowledge of national and international liaison as well as of international conventions such as the CEDAW, ICPD, MDGs, Maputo Plan of Action and CARMMA strategy for South Africa. Communication (written and verbal) skills. Fluency in English and at least two other languages *Computer skills. Willingness to travel locally and overseas. A valid driver’s licence.
An all inclusive remuneration package of R819 126 per annum [basic salary consist of 70% of total package, the State’s contribution to the Government Employees Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion]. The flexible portion of the package can be structured according to the Senior Management Service guidelines.
The Director-General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001. Hand delivered applications may be submitted at Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Struben streets, Pretoria.
REFERENCE NO NDOH 52/2014
FOR ATTENTION Ms N Sombinge
NOTE Applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV (previous experience must be comprehensively detailed) and certified copies of qualification certificates, service certificates, including ID and driver’s licence. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The department reserves the right not to fill the post. The successful candidate will be subjected to personnel suitability checks and other vetting procedures. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within three (3) months after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful. The Department will not be liable where applicants use incorrect/no reference number(s) on their applications.
- Provide direction to reduce maternal deaths and improve maternal health outcomes
- Provide oversight, monitoring and evaluation of all maternal health and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) programmes including the facilitation of social mobilisation activities and training
- Reduce maternal and neonatal deaths and improve maternal and neonatal health outcomes
- Provide leadership at National and Provincial level in terms of the reduction of maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality
- Facilitate the enquiry into maternal and neonatal deaths through Ministerial Committee’s framework (NCCEMD and NaPEMMCO)
- Manage the human and financial resources and the operational activities of the Directorate: Maternal and Neonatal Health
- Identify and co-ordinate relevant research in collaboration with development partners and academic and research units.
- Perform any other duties as delegated officially.
Dr P Holele at tel no (012) 395 9763
CLOSING DATE 21 July 2014