MSF has been providing TB/HIV services in South Africa since 1999 and in Lesotho since 2006. MSF has been working in Khayelitsha, Western Cape for the last ten years initially focusing on access to affordable and safe ARV treatment and later piloting innovative models of care in both decentralised HIV and DR-TB management.
Main Functions and Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute to the annual review of project operations and oversee the human resource, financial and logistical components thereof.
- Management of piloted intervention/models of care handover to Health authorities including communication with all stakeholders, planning to ensure smooth transitioning of service, human resources, suppliers and appropriate M&E.
- Lead project communications strategy to achieve project advocacy objectives as determined in collaboration with Project Co-ordinator, Deputy Project Co-ordinator and MSFSA, including management of:
- o media relations
- o media related resource management
- o project visits
- Plan and support dissemination of successfully piloted interventions/models of care both within MSF and Southern African region to advocate for and support broader implementation, working with Deputy Head of Mission.
- Strategic planning and optimization of project human resource, financial and logistics/supply departments.
- Management of and technical support to Project Admin/HR officer, Financial officer and Logistician and their respective departments.
- Coaching support to Project Admin/HR officer and Finance officer specifically including effective communication and reporting, prioritization, strategic planning skills, gaps identification, timely problem solving.
- Management of project’s donor relationships, including managing project visits and required reporting.
Please visit the MSF website for the full job advert for the required qualifications needed for the vacancy.
To apply, please email your CV and personal motivation letter to Lauren Rolls: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 June 2014
Posted in Job opportunities