The Institute for Health Measurement (IHM), a development management firm, dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to development programs throughout Africa. We work in partnership with the government, international donors, and other major stakeholders to identify the key obstacles to access and scale-up of essential services, and to develop sustainable strategies to overcome them. The Resident Advisor, Monitoring and Evaluation is expected to be highly technical with proven experience in capacity building and specialized skills in Monitoring and Evaluation. He/she and will oversee and lead technical activities for an up and coming USAID supported health and social services project in South Africa. Oversight responsibilities include the development of technical strategies, work plans for the project, management of short term technical assistance requests and provision of in-country technical assistance where required.
- Facilitate and maintain collaborative relationships with partner organizations including the Departments of Health and Social Development
- Be able to rapidly develop or review and approve scopes of work (SOW) for the deployment of short-term technical assistance for project support
- Provide direct in-country technical assistance, as appropriate within areas of expertise. Expertise include and is not limited to, supporting data quality assessments, capacity building trainings, establishing models for best practice M&E support to Government and civil society groups.
- Share country program experiences and results with Program Managers to promote the use of best practices and to take advantage of lessons learned with relevant counterparts in the field and officials of the South African Government and other organizations
- Organize and manage in-country assessments, trainings and evaluations of progress in achieving in-country technical results
- Work with stakeholders to identify capacity gaps and arrange for appropriate training of field office staff to adequately equip them with the skills and knowledge required to accomplish their technical and management responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding and appreciation of historical, political, economic, demographic, and public health issues in South Africa; stay abreast of current events
- Ensure regular communication with the client.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the CEO.
Minimum Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- MPH or higher degree in public health, international development, management or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in international public health at a senior level with relevant exposure to monitoring and evaluation, management, capacity building, and health systems strengthening
- Significant experience in the field of HIV/AIDS and health in South Africa
- Experience in project management and management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills and must show demonstrated proof of writing skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Microsoft Project a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 30% time, mostly within South Africa.
Status: Full time, one year contract, renewal performance-based. The position is open until filled.
Qualified candidates are invited to email resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to +27.12.346.4648
IHM is an Equal Opportunity committed to workplace diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
Posted in Job opportunities