The mHealth Expert Learning Programme (mHELP) is a new initiative setting up offices in Cape Town, South Africa (www.mhelp.org). A spin-off from the global mHealth Alliance, the initiative seeks to build mobile and electronic health capacity among health implementers in the government, private and NGO sectors.
In addition to creating networking spaces for those interested in mHealth and providing free advice and support, mHELP is also a consultancy brokering service linking experts in mHealth with a wide range of global clients.
We are seeking to employ a full-time mHealth Technical Expert to be based in Cape Town. Reporting to the mHELP Director, this is a senior position incorporating strategic development, project implementation, mHealth consultancy, and staff management. This is a full-time position offering a salary commensurate with experience.
Overall, the mHealth Technical Expert is responsible for quality assurance on mHELP consultancies.
They will be responsible for:
- Undertaking client needs assessments and developing scopes of work for mHELP consultancy.
- Matching clients to consultants based on needs and skill-sets.
- Providing mHealth expertise and training to clients.
- Compiling relevant mHealth and eHealth materials to support clients and consultants.
- Ensuring that consulting agreements all explicitly include capacity building components.
- Assisting with marketing of mHELP.
- Leading all monitoring and evaluation of mHELP.
- Developing mHELP materials, guidelines and tools.
- Supervising and manage staff and consultants.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- A relevant Masters degree, preferably in Public Health or other relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience in mHealth
- At least five years’ experience in relevant research, capacity building and/or Technical Assistance
- A proven track record of working with partner organisations
- Solid research skills
- Ability to plan and implement M&E for Capacity Building programmes
- Ability to work cross-culturally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven staff management ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to collaborate virtually
- A high level of organisation and detail orientation
- Initiative and ability to self-manage
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in another language with global reach (preferred)
- Extensive consulting experience (preferred)
Please submit your CV (no more than four pages) along with a one-page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications is 9 June 2014.
Posted in Job opportunities