Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI Zambia’s VMMC program:
The CHAI VMMC program supports the Government to ensure that the performance of the national scale up of VMMC for HIV prevention is monitored effectively and that targets are met. This is done through the provision of technical assistance in the development of strategic documents, tools and analysis to support critical management systems and to galvanize sector-wide partner coordination.
CHAI is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual with strong analytical and project management experience, and a strong record of leadership. The Program Manager will be working with government officials and implementing partners and representing CHAI. Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills, be able to function independently, be extremely self-motivated and have a strong commitment to excellence. The Program Manager will manage one Senior Program Officer, one Program Analyst and report to the HIV Senior Program Manager.
- Manage and lead the execution of all components of the program, and ensure deliverables are met on time
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort
- Manage and coach CHAI program staff, and government secondees, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and are of high quality
- Provide all the necessary support to MoH team to facilitate national level TWG meetings, strategic document preparation and technical support visits/mentorship
- Lead the development of systems and processes to collect, analyze, and present data on national program performance and efficiency
- Liaise closely with technical partners in government to monitor and evaluate interventions against objectives and targets
- Help identify new opportunities and good practice both externally and from within
- Take the lead in the preparation and monitoring of the budget and other finance related activities
- Support senior management in management of donor communication and reporting
- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously whilst mentoring a team to perform consistently
- Strong leadership, communication (both written and oral), and organization skills and a proactive self-manager
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a challenging, multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in conceiving, planning and executing programs or projects with documented results
- Strong analytical (quantitative and qualitative), problem solving, and communication (written and oral) skills
- Ability to work within budgetary constraints typical in a small foundation;
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications
- Advanced Degree or equivalent plus 4 years work experience; or Bachelor's Degree or equivalent plus 6 years work experience.
Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posted in Job opportunities