The National Health Laboratory Service is searching for a Gauteng-Pretoria (National Department of Health) National Laboratory Technical Advisor.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate finalization and implementation of National Laboratory Services Policy Facilitate the implementation of the Laboratory Services Policy for public sector
- Ensure that the National Health Laboratory Service (NHLS) complies with reporting requirements of the PFMA by receiving, reviewing and submitting a set of governance reports to the DG of the NDoH
- Set standards for appropriate laboratory services expenditure in the National Health System taking cognizance of the disease burden
- Establish and implement a framework for monitoring and evaluation of all laboratory services.
- Develop National Laboratory Services Unit within the NDoH
- Formulate and ensure execution of strategic plans and business plan for the Sub directorate
- Facilitate the implementation of relevant national and provincial acts, policies and procedures
- Liaise, provide support and guidance to the National Department of Health Directorates and provincial departments
- Draft strategic and implementation plans for priority initiatives or programs.
- Establish DoH/NHLS working group
- Establish advisory group representing clinical and laboratory stakeholder’s
- Organize quarterly meeting of laboratory representatives and stakeholder’s
- Organize and coordinate trainings
- Coordinate the finalization of policy for point of care testing for each level of the health system
- Coordinate finalization of essential laboratory list for each level of care.
- Facilitate, monitor and review implementation of activities and/or programs in provinces
- Advise on the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the new nationally standardized laboratory requests forms and other laboratory related projects.
- Ensure the national implementation of QA programs for POCT at facility level
- Oversee countrywide rollout of electronic gate keeping
- Liaise with NHLS and provincial laboratory Co-ordinators
- Work in collaboration to pilot and rollout new technologies.
- Facilitate speedy and accurate reporting of laboratory results.
- Facilitate improved communication between laboratories and clinics
- Facilitate improved specimen handling and transportation
- Promote equitable access to laboratory services
- Support improved access to laboratory services at NHI pilot district
- Lead efforts to resolve billing issue.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Natural /Medical Sciences
- Registration with Health Professional Council
- Doctoral degree
- A valid driver’s license
- Computer literacy (Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Previous work experience at management level in a Forensic/Pathology Laboratory.
- Experience in developing policies, guidelines and protocols.
Salary range (R771 306.00pa)
Fixed term contract – one (1) year
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV and internal application form to the Administrator (Human Resources) via fax: or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org / apply via www.nhls.ac.ca
Enquiries may be directed to Delini Paletan @ (011) 555 0456
Please indicate the reference number of the post
Reference, ITC and Criminal checks will be conducted
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS 26 FEBRUARY 2014.
Posted in Job opportunities