The National Council Against Smoking invites applications for the above post. The Council’s mission is to promote health and prevent disease by reducing tobacco use in the population.
To provide national leadership in developing and implementing tobacco control policies and programmes. To advocate for the establishment of a Health Promotion and Development Foundation.
Responsibilities will include strategic planning, fundraising, financial management, media advocacy, supporting legislative initiatives, smoking cessation counseling, teaching and coalition building.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of health promotion and tobacco control. This individual will have exceptional oral and written communication skills, and skilled at negotiating at the highest levels.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Johannesburg
- Experience Required: >10 Years
- Education Required: Honours degree minimal
- Salary: Negotiable
- Applications by: 18 February 2014
Applications accompanied by a detailed CV should be sent to: email@example.com or posted to P O Box 1242, Houghton, 2041.
Detailed Job Description
Posted in Job opportunities
- Strategic planning to provide a clear vision of organizational direction so as to successfully achieve the Council’s mission.
- Oversee NCAS operations, administration and staff.
- Provide leadership to build support among public, private, and non-profit sectors for key objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with parliamentarians, government departments, national and international organisations, etc., to promote the goals of the Council.
- Sustain and build coalitions by maintaining existing contacts with key stakeholders and recruiting additional allies.
- Act as a media advocate on policy matters and represent the Council on external bodies.
- Financial management including grant-writing, contract negotiation, management of income, expenditure and cash flow and financial reporting to donors.
- Identify and secure funding to support future programmes.