Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business-oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved market organization, management support, and strategic use of data to inform evidence-based, cost-effective policies and programs. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large-scale impact. Currently, CHAI’s teams are working side-by-side with over 20 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI Liberia has been working to support the Ministry of Health & Social Welfare in Liberia on various programs since 2007. In the past, the scope of projects supported by CHAI Liberia included general Health Systems Strengthening, Pediatric HIV/AIDS, HIV/AIDS scale up, and Decentralization; more recently CHAI Liberia’s focus has been on Maternal and Neonatal Health, Family Planning, Labs and Diagnostics, Supply Chain Management, and Health Financing.
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is seeking an energetic and experienced Admin and Finance Manager to lead the financial and administrative operations of the entire country office. The Admin and Finance Manager will work very closely with the Country Director and Deputy Country Director to provide leadership and direction in the development and management of all CHAI Liberia’s financial, accounting, and administrative policies, procedures, and practices. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who has a collaborative management and engagement style, and is familiar with the international non-profit landscape. He/She must have the capacity to act as a mentor and be a hands-on manager; exhibit excellent problem solving and critical analysis skills; and be adept with Quickbooks, with significant experience using it in a non-profit setting.
Based in the CHAI Office in the Ministry of Health & Social Welfare, the Admin/Finance Manager will report to the Deputy Country Director. The Admin/Finance Manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office and is responsible for overall office operations and the management of the administrative team, including Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, and Drivers.
The Admin/Finance Manager plays a central role in supporting the development of an organizational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance, and encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation. The Admin/Finance Manager supports program staff to deliver outstanding results for strengthening health service delivery, health systems, and excellent customer service for our partners and donors.
- Oversee all financial and administrative processes including bookkeeping, accounts receivable and payable, and monthly bank reconciliation; and ensuring correct and timely submission of all monthly financial files to HQ;
- Manage the budgeting, re-forecasting and donor financial reporting functions of the organization. This includes leading the annual budgeting process and bi-annual re-forecasting process, donor reporting and grant position management, as well as regular financial reporting and analysis for the country team;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of individual programs/budgets/funding and donor requirements, and develop strong relations with the program team. Analyze and clearly communicate monthly and annual financial reports to the program team;
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasts and ensure that the country office, its partners and vendors receive funds in a timely manner;
- Provide ongoing review and assessment of current accounting and reporting systems, as well as implementation of enhanced financial strategies, analysis and systems;
- Developing effective fiscal policies, systems and procedures for financial management, reporting and auditing. Ensuring all finance policies and procedures are documented, communicated and reflects current practices;
- Ensure compliance with international generally accepted accounting principles and US federal regulation requirements, in addition to ensuring local compliance where it differs with US federal regulations requirements and specific donor requirements including USG;
- Lead in-country internal and external audits when required including donor compliance audits. Prepare and present financial analysis and reports on fiscal health of country programme;
- Oversee all aspects of procurement including the negotiation of all contracts with vendors, purchase of all major assets, and monitoring all fixed asset within the organization;
- Identify areas for performance improvement and increased efficiency, including processes and systems. Implement changes where appropriate;
- Provide oversight on other activities including, but not limited to, reviewing payroll, online banking, releasing wire transfers, and negotiating vendor and bank relationships;
- Provide on-the-job mentoring, coaching and capacity building for all members of the Finance and Admin team, and work with HR to develop clear career paths for finance and admin staff;
- Assume responsibility of serving as one of the main points of contact for the organization in Liberia; serve as the backup Safety Point Person for safety-related warnings, alerts, and action plans;
- Support the HR Manager with HR-related activities such as management of personnel files, recruiting, payroll, processing residence/work permits;
- Manage finance and admin staff including an Admin Assistant, an Office Assistant, and five drivers; and
- Manage IT support, procurement, fleet management, and logistics for office staff on a daily basis, international travel, and visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with advanced degree or CPA strongly preferred. A Master's degree in Administration and Management is an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in accounting;
- Proven in-depth knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- International NGO management experience preferred;
- Strong problem solving and critical reasoning skills;
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team, with at least three years supervisory experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and time management;
- Ability to travel to the field as needed;
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial work ethic
- Strong analytical, managerial, and diplomatic skills with the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Sound commercial acumen, analytical with the ability to interpret data/statistics;
- Ability to work with stress and under pressure, independently and with limited supervision;
- Nurture a culture of excellence and the ability to act with urgency;
- Future orientated, strategic thinker;
- Experience managing a complex and diverse workload, with the ability to work toward tight deadlines;
- Ability to build a small, proactive team; motivating staff; and working collaboratively with colleagues to provide support and advice as necessary.
Please apply directly here
Posted in Uncategorized