Educational requirements and experience:
- Health Care related tertiary qualification or Degree / NQF level 7
- Post graduate qualification in Public Health highly recommended
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a specialist, managerial position within the health environment
- Knowledge of Local Government environment programmes and projects, knowledge of MFMA, knowledge of GDS and National and Provincial Policies/ Programs required.
- To lead, give strategic direction, control, facilitate the processes of co-production with Health Care Service Delivery monitor and evaluate the implementation of an integrated approach to Policy Planning and Development, Strategic partnering, research and the development and implementation of the DHIS. (Personal and Environmental Health)
- To ensure that the development and implementation of all relevant programmes are managed within the National, Provincial and Municipal Legal frameworks
- To assists executive management in taking informed decisions of Health Policy.
These are employment equity targeted positions and preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
Closing date: Wednesday, 9 October 2013
Applications accompanied by a comprehensive CV should be faxed to 011-3392195
Enquiries: Kumari Pillay 011-4077048
The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right not to make an appointment. Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ's EE Policy. Applications must contain at least 3 referees. Certified copies of identity documents are a prerequisite. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted in Job opportunities