PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Participate in all phases of the research process and provides comprehensive medical service to clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing clinical support to HIV infected individuals.
- Identify areas for research.
- Designing new studies.
- Be involved in the implementation and contribute to the reporting of results and conclusions.
- Comprehensive medical care to clients enrolled at the clinic.
- Actively participate as a team in the provision of HIV/AIDS care.
- Managing children prior to starting ARV’s, initiating ARV’s, monitoring progress and potential problems which may arise.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- Registered as a Medical Practitioner(MBCHB) with the HPCSA
- Experience in HIV treatment(ARV Roll out)
- Empathy & understanding of people living with HIV/AIDS
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate in local languages advantageous
- Computer Literacy advantageous
- Good Clinical Practice certificate advantageous
- At least one years research experience
- An interest in HIV/Aids
- An interest in community outreach and research skills development
For more information and to apply contact:
Tracey Mulder, Exclusive People
Tel: 011 440 8560
Fax: 011 440 8563
Posted in Job opportunities