The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases. CHAI’s solution-oriented approach focuses on improving market dynamics for medicines and diagnostics; lowering prices for treatment; accelerating access to life-saving technologies; and helping governments build the capacity required for high-quality care and treatment programs.
In 2006, CHAI signed an MOU with the Government of Republic of Zambia to provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and strengthen health systems. Currently, CHAI works with the Ministry of Health around HIV care and treatment, malaria, human resources for health, laboratory systems, male circumcision, evidence based decision making, and health financing.
Summary of the Position
The HR & Administration Manager will be responsible for ensuring efficient administration of overall HR and administrative operations in the CHAI Zambia office. The Manager will be reporting to the Deputy Country Director and supporting the senior management team of CHAI Zambia in overall HR management related issues. The Manager will be managing a small team of administrative staff to ensure efficient administrative operations of CHAI Zambia.
Human Resources Duties
- Serve as a link between management and employees to provide current employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, employee benefits, and helping to resolve work-related problems
- Coordinate the hiring process, including advertising, contacting candidates, interview coordination and preparation, as well as maintaining a database of candidates
- Provide support to Country Director/Deputy Country Director on human resource management, including coordination of employment contracts, leave schedules, legal issues and registration documents
- Coordinate the process to obtain work permits and visas for international staff
- Advise leadership team in interpreting labor contracts, refereeing disputes, arbitrating staffing issues, or administering disciplinary procedures correctly to ensure compliance with local labor law and government regulations
- Ensure that the staff leave schedule is up to date and being tracked closely
- Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations
- Support Country Director/Deputy Country Director in providing guidance and advice for staff development and career paths including opportunities for professional development and training.
- Maintain all personal files and other personnel records
- Support Country Director/Deputy Country Director, CHAI Global Senior Management, and CHAI Global HR in development and implementation of HR policies including those related to performance management, crafting equitable and competitive compensation and benefits
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with employment-related laws and regulations
- Facilitate employee on-boarding including developing a new hire orientation plan
- Responsible for occupational health and safety in the workplace;
- Serve as a resource for all team members by being available and accessible to discuss all human resource related issues
- Serve as a resource for all team leaders in handling employee issues and assist them in counseling employees, conducting evaluations, staff training, and problem solving
- Perform other duties as assigned by Country Director or Deputy Country Director
- Manage a small team of office support and administrative staff at CHAI Zambia
- Serve as Safety Point Person for CHAI office to maintain, monitor, and update CHAI Zambia’s Safety & Security Plan
- Coordinate office security and maintenance with CHAI’s support staff, including physical facility and equipment
- Ensure that administrative records are properly maintained and filed. Ensure that the filing system is appropriate for the Country team, and adjust as necessary.
- Oversee and support the Front Office Assistant on travel logistics for office staff, including hotel accommodations, visa needs, and transport arrangements
- Manage vendor relationships related to successful management of the office (security, office rent, electricity, telecommunications, etc.).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Deputy Country Director or Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Business Administration or any other Social Science
- At least five (5) years’ experience working with a diverse workforce of national and international staff
- Membership to the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management is a must
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, safety, and training & development
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively in a demanding and sometimes stressful multiethnic/multicultural environment
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel/spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Zambian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Job ID: 3945
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Compensation: $40k – 50k
Full Time Paid
Please apply here
Posted in Job opportunities