SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working in southern Africa. It is a centre of excellence that promotes effective and ethical development responses to sexual reproductive health and rights, HIV and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation.
SAfAIDS is looking for a highly skilled Programme Officer to join its South Africa Office team. This post requires a self starter, able to provide programme support in a number of programme areas and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health, Social Sciences, Health Education or other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Public / community health including Sexual Reproductive Health work
- Thorough understanding of South Africa dynamics and trends, programmes and polices around HIV, SRH, gender and related developmental areas
- Excellent project planning and implementation skills
- Must have some research experience, basic M & E knowledge and excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in training and facilitation is essential, as is the ability to design training programmes
- Advocacy skills would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write project reports and/document projects is essential
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience working with partners (government, private sector and civil society organizations)
- Computer literacy a must
- Knowledge of one or more South Africa local languages is a must.
Interested applicants should send an application and CV, information on current salary, benefits and contact details of three referees to: The Head of HR, Policy and Administration, SAfAIDS, 479 Sappers Contour, Lynnwood, Pretoria or e-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st July 2013.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posted in Job opportunities