Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI’s teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI Kenya is seeking an Analyst to take up the role of a health commodities analyst across two programs that have a part of their work streams focused on commodity access and management at national and sub-national level. The goal of these programs is to support the State Department of Health induce efficiency in the management of health commodities especially for primary healthcare, to reduce overall child and maternal mortality through scaling up of essential treatments for common childhood illnesses and challenges in the access of maternal health related commodities to reduce maternal mortality.
The Health Commodities Analyst will join the Kenya country program, working with the program managers to enable CHAI, Government and partners achieve transformational impact in scaling up access to commodities to reduce child and maternal mortality. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The Analyst must be able to function independently and flexibly as well as build strong relationships with government officials and partners across the public and private sectors. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, integrity, independence, humility, and a positive work ethic.
- Overall work closely with the State Department for Health, the various County Governments and implementing partners in the Implementation of a sound commodity management platform at national and county levels
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to support increased availability of the recommended commodities for primary health care as detailed in the national Essential Medicines List at all points and levels of access in the public sector
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to reach and change current health provider behavior towards commodity management through various initiatives aimed at inducing efficiency and effectiveness in the management of the listed commodities in the EML
- Constantly develop relationships with relevant players in the commodity market including national and county level procurement and supply chain managers
- Provide technical assistance to the various levels and divisions in the national and county governments responsible for forecasting and quantification of commodities in the EML
- Provide robust data management and analytical support to capture relevant data and analyze it for decision making purposes
- Constantly assess progress post-implementation and initiate a change of focus or strategy to new directions better placed to deliver expected results
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- A Bachelors degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing, Health Systems, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Public Health or other related disciplines
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in the management/dispensing of pharmaceutical products
- Ability to demonstrate both public health and health systems aptitude
- Exceptional analytical, research and presentation skills of qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a high-performance environment with demonstrated ability to respond to changing program needs
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and to propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications, particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of MS Access, PHP language web systems and MySQL Server database knowledge would be a significant advantage
- Postgraduate degree in Marketing, Business (MBA), Economics, Public Health Experience in marketing of pharmaceutical products in developing countries
Apply directly online
Posted in Job opportunities