CHAI Rwanda is currently seeking a highly motivated, flexible individual to provide support to the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MoH). The duration of the contract is 6 months with the potential for extension, starting in June 2013.
The candidate will work on developing recommendations for the improvement of a financial management system. Candidates must have excellent communications skills and cultural sensitivity as they will be working closely with MoH partners. They must be able to manage multiple tasks and drive multiple work plans forward. They must exhibit a passion for results and commitment to excellence. We place great value on the following qualities: entrepreneurship, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Perform a financial environmental analysis to understand the current reality of how finances are managed;
- Establish recommendations for improvement, with an overview of effort and impact, and a work plan;
- In case the recommendations involve a change or evolution in the financial management systems tools being used, develop an understanding of the minimum requirements of that change/evolution, and evaluate the use of commercial of the shelf (including open source solutions) versus locally developed software solutions;
- Develop a recommendation of how the financial management system can be integrated with the broader financial management systems at the Ministry of Health, and the financial management system at the Ministry of Finance (MINECOFIN)
- Develop a change management strategy to allow those recommendations to be implemented;
- Assess the risks of implementing the recommendations, and develop mitigation strategies for those risks;
- Design the monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to be put in place during the implementation of the recommendations;
- Perform other work on an as needed based (e.g. assist on proof reading of documents, or assist in writing news articles);
- Participate in relevant workshops and meetings with stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, accounting, finance, economics, or public health;
- Fluency in English;
- Prior analytical experience;
- Exceptional diplomatic and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships;
- Ability to multi-task and deliver on multiple work streams in high-pressure situations with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to synthesize information concisely, and prepare short reports or presentations;
- French and/or Kinyarwanda fluency a plus;
- Prior experience on management consulting a plus;
- Expertise on finance, more concretely on financial management system, a plus.
Contact Person: Recruitment Team
Company Website: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/
Closing Date: 1 July 2013
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Posted in Job opportunities