CHAI Kenya is seeking an Analyst to work in the Essential Medicines program. The goal of the program is to support Ministries of Health in the countries we work in to reduce overall child mortality through scaling up of essential treatments for common childhood illnesses- the current focus being Diarrhoea and Pneumonia.
The EM analyst will join the Kenya country program, working with the program manager to enable CHAI, Government and partners achieve transformational impact in scaling up treatment for diarrhoea to reduce childhood mortality. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication skills. The Analyst must be able to function independently and flexibly as well as build strong relationships with government officials and partners across the public and private sectors. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, independence, humility, and work ethic.
- Overall work closely with the Ministry of Public Health & Sanitation (MOPHS) and implementing partners in the execution of the National Diarrhoea and Pneumonia Scale up Strategy in both the public and private sectors.
- Conduct detailed regular analyses of the diarrhoea treatments market conditions, technical services, advertising and promotional trends in the private sector in Kenya and develop good understanding of the range of barriers that hinder uptake of recommended diarrhoea treatments
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to support increased availability of the recommended diarrhoea treatments at all points and levels of sale in the public and private sector markets
- Develop and implement innovative strategies to reach and change current health providers and sales persons behaviours towards diarrhoea treatments at all levels of service in the private sector
- Constantly develop relationships with relevant players in the diarrhoea commodities market to enhance commodity access at all levels
- Coordinate efforts towards accelerating introduction, distribution and uptake of affordable and quality diarrhoea treatments with the Ministry of Public Health & Sanitation, manufacturers/first line buyers, and other players in the private sector
- Provide robust data management and analytical support to capture reach and impact of the program in the private sector market
- Constantly assess progress post-implementation and initiate a change of focus or strategy to new directions better placed to deliver expected results
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- A Bachelors degree in Pharmacy, Medicine, Nursing, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Public Health or other related disciplines
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in sales/marketing/distribution of pharmaceutical products
- Ability to demonstrate both public health and marketing aptitude
- Exceptional analytical, research and presentation skills of qualitative and quantitative data
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships in a multicultural environment
- Ability to work in a high-performance environment with demonstrated ability to respond to changing program needs.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, and to propose and implement new initiatives
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications, particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Knowledge of MS Access would be a significant advantage
- Postgraduate degree in Marketing, Business (MBA), Economics or Public Health
- Experience in marketing of pharmaceutical products in developing countries
Contact Person: Recruitment Team
Company Website: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/
Closing Date: 15 June 2013
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Posted in Job opportunities