Futures Group is recruiting a HIV Costing, Senior Technical Officer to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation and support for the development and execution of costing and modelling assignments at the national, provincial and district level, primarily be focused on HIV programs in South Africa.
- Provides costing and budgeting expertise/technical assistance to the program, technical staff as per project/program requirements
- Responsible for development of work plans, budgets and writing reports
- Participates in and/or prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform costing, budgeting and modelling tasks
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings
- Participates, and represents the organization as needed, in outside associations, conferences, and symposia
- Supervises and provides guidance to staff members working on the project
- Provides costing and modelling expertise/technical assistance in response to national HIV/AIDS program and USAID requests
- Provides functional guidance to consultants to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets
Qualifications, Capabilities/Skills and Experience:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Advanced relevant degree: Masters in Public Health, Public Policy, and Economics is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in public health, demography, sociology, health economics, policy formulation, or other field related to the program.
- HIV program costing, budgeting and/or modelling experience is required.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe.
- Professional and mature demeanour and conduct.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Ability to take initiative and/or respond independently to situations.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% time.
- Experience in capacity building, training and/or identifying needs to improve capacity;
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience leading large and multidisciplinary teams
- At least 5 years’ experience working with/for international donors, preferably USAID;
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter detailing their specific skills and interest , detailed curriculum vitae with names, addresses and contact details of three referees to the details below;
Tel: 012 362 0584
Closing date : 26 April 2013
Posted in Job opportunities