Health Systems Trust is a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation that supports the development of an equitable and comprehensive health system for the provision of quality health care in South and southern Africa.
HST has a vacancy for the position of Chief Executive Officer, to provide leadership, secure sustainable funding, develop and execute strategic plans and organisational policies and ensure good governance of HST, with the support of the Board of Trustees.
- Strategic Direction: Provide strategic direction in conjunction with the Board
- Programme development: Translate the strategic mission of the organisation into implementable programmes and projects
- Programme/ project integration and co-ordination: Ensure integration of programme and project activities around key organisational goals and objectives
- Organisational and financial management: Establish and improve appropriate organisational structures and systems necessary for good governance and compliance with relevant legislation and standards
- Fundraising: Ensure that HST secures the necessary resources needed to carry out its programme of action and ensure that the obligations to funders are met
- Stakeholder management and liaison: Create and manage profile of the organisation within the environment in which it operates and ensure proper liaison and communication with relevant stakeholders, including government, funders and communities.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A post-graduate degree (preferably in public health)
- At least 10 years management experience in a comparable organization
- Proven financial management ability,
- Senior management experience within the Health sector.
- Fundraising experience
- Proven leadership ability
- Participatory leadership style
- Commitment to Primary Health Care
- Extensive networks in the health care and donor sectors
- Willingness to travel extensively.
A performance-based salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the successful candidate. This is a 3 year contract position, and could be extended depending on the incumbent’s performance and need for the position.
A covering letter (max. 2 pages), detailed CV with names and contact details of at least three references should be sent to: Chairperson of the Board of Trustees: email@example.com
Closing Date: 11 February 2013 at 12h00
Posted in Job opportunities