Provincial Government: Western Cape Department of Health
Institution: Directorate: Health Impact Assessment Norton Rose House, 8 Riebeek Street, Cape Town
Remuneration: R464 919 pa (Level 11) (A portion of the package can be structured according to the individual’s personal needs.)
Minimum educational qualification: Masters in Public Health, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Health Sciences or equivalent
Appropriate experience in health promotion, behaviour change programme design, programme and or project management
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel to the districts and nationally if required
- Insight into inter-sectoral action
- Adequate managerial skills
- Good communication as well as analytical and problem solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to conduct independent research and report research findings to a professional and non-professional audience
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- To develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic directive for increasing wellness in the Western Cape that takes into account a whole government and whole society approach
- To establish and support the effective functioning of increasing wellness technical advisory working groups in Infectious diseases, healthy lifestyles, women’s health, maternal and child health, mental health and injuries and other workgroups that may be created in future..
- To oversee the design and evaluation of innovative behaviour change interventions that take into account upstream and downstream risk factors and the roll out of effective interventions
- To establish monitoring and evaluation processes, systems and indicators for the increasing wellness working groups and report to the Increasing wellness Steering Committee and the Human Development Sector Committee
- Supervise Assistant Director and Admin officer in this component
Closing date: 23 November 2012
Please submit your application for the attention of Ms C. Versfeld to The Director: Human Resource Management, Department of Health, PO Box 2060, Cape Town, 8000. Note that the Z83 form must be completed and accompany all applications.
Posted in Job opportunities