Category: Vitality Research & Development
Job Title: Statistical Analyst
Type of employment: Permanent
- Supporting Vitality’s ongoing research projects with data extraction, cleaning, and analysis.
- Performing preliminary analyses on new research topics to assess their viability and potential.
- Keeping in touch with Vitality’s research partners, ensuring that all their data needs are met and resolving any issues that arise.
- Serving as key liaison between Vitality Research and the various MIS data teams across Discovery, ensuring that the team has access to all the data required for its various projects.
- Performing ad hoc analyses to assist Vitality Management with valuable insights for decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail when working with large datasets
- Rigorous, efficient and innovative approach to complex analyses with the ability to draw insightful conclusions from the results of an analysis
- Ability to support several large projects at the same time
- Highly-self motivated
Qualifications & Experience:
- Mathematical Statistics or Actuarial Science degree
- Familiarity with statistical modelling software, particularly STATA (preferable)
- Knowledge of SQL (preferable)
Work experience in a research environment will be an advantage
Equity Statement: Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and suitable internal candidates in line with Discovery’s policies.
CVs can be loaded on our website www.discovery.co.za under Careers / Actuarial
For more information contact Dr Deepak N Patel: email@example.com Tel (w) (27) 11 5293180 Cell (27) 82 6024441
Posted in Job opportunities