The project entails the construction of a dam in Lesotho that will ensure continuing water supply to Gauteng Province in South Africa and feed into the Vaal River's water supply.
- The assessment of public health issues arising from the implementation of large construction projects and the construction of large reservoirs in rural areas of developing countries, including HIV/AIDS and other health implications of the introduction of large work forces into rural areas and communities.
- The design, management and implementation of public health measures to address the impacts of large construction projects and the construction of large reservoirs in rural areas of developing countries.
- The design and management of rural water and sanitation programs in developing countries.
- The promotion of public awareness and participation in rural public and environmental health initiatives in developing countries.
- Liaison between project authorities, engineering design and construction firms, rural communities and national and local health authorities in developing countries in the context of public health impacts of large construction projects.
- Post-graduate qualification in public health.
- Fluent in English. Fluency in Sesotho will be an advantage.
- Strong organization, management, budgeting and communication skills as well as competence in standard office software.
- 15 years post-qualification experience, preferably with a combination of consultancy and contracting experience in similar large scale infrastructure projects, and have recent experience in Lesotho and/or the Southern African region.
- Evidence of successful experience in the management of public health programs in southern Africa will be an advantage.
Applicants are invited to submit a covering letter detailing their specific skills and interest, detailed curriculum vitae with names, addresses and contact details of three referees, as well as copies of degrees to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 074 981 8489.
Closing Date: 31 August 2012
Posted in Job opportunities