ICAP, Columbia University is a President’s Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funded program under the Mailman School of Public Heath –ICAP, Columbia University supporting the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare in providing resources and technical assistance to expand and enhance TB/HIV care and treatment programs in Lesotho.
POSITION: Senior Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Country Director
LOCATION: Maseru, Lesotho
The International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) Lesotho is a program of the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University in New York City. The ICAP-Lesotho program provides technical and capacity-building support to strengthen the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) program supported by ICAP. ICAP-Lesotho receives funding from the U.S. Government (USG) through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). The senior program manager will support the management of donor and key program stakeholder relationships; provide oversight support, coordination, and guidance to Program Managers responsible for their respective programs in the ICAP portfolio.
Grants Management & Reporting
- In conjunction with Program Managers and Senior Technical Advisors, compile and review required reports and responses to donors and the Lesotho Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW).
- Reporting Management: Coordination of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports; build / refine SOPs to strengthen country office reporting procedures; oversee country office reporting process for institutional donors, and be directly responsible for the quality control of reports.
- Day-to-Day donor management and communications, organization of meetings, documentation of decisions, processing of requests, writing of continuation applications; as well as in the revision of existing grants as needed. Development of ICAP-LS presentations, speeches, and outlines for management and donors; support the creation of content-rich marketing and communication materials directed at institutional donors; maintain consolidated database of updated program information for all strategic priority areas.
- Assist the Country Director in program concept development and drafting of continuation applications; as well as in the revision of existing grants as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date files on each grant, ensure proper and timely filing of grant documentation, proper information flow between concerned departments, and accurate documentation of grant management issues.
Budget Oversight & Monitoring:
- Through the Finance Manager, support the development and monitoring of all program budgets.
- Ensure that program spending is in line with program budgets.
- Planning and Program Management:
- Support Program Managers in the development of program concept papers, workplans and operational plans.
- Support Program Managers in the development and monitoring of program targets, goals and objectives.
- Support Program Managers in the strategic planning of program activities.
Knowledge Management: Define a process and monitoring system for country office knowledge management and information dissemination.
- Provide general oversight and program supervision of Project Managers.
- Facilitate the employment, development and performance management of Program Managers.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- A Masters degree in public health or related field
- Requires a Master’s degree or equivalent and 5-7 years experience or working in the field of international health, family planning, or development.
- Developing country experience and experience with US government awards desirable
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cultural competency skill.
- Experience in advocating for, strategic planning, coordinating and implementing programs
- Skills in the development of objectives, operational plans and measurable targets
- Report writing skills
- Strong communication skill and analytical
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Good problem solving skills
Please send cover letter, CV and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate you are applying for position #SPM – LS in the subject line of your e-mail
ICAP Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age, citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Posted in Job opportunities