Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) has been providing TB/HIV services in South Africa since 1999 and in Lesotho since 2006. MSF has been working in Khayelitsha, Western Cape for the last ten years initially focusing on access to affordable and safe ARV treatment and later piloting innovative models of care including decentralization of HIV care to peripheral clinics, integration HIV and TB care, nurse-based initiation of ART, community long term retention in ART care models and patient-centred DR-TB management.
Job title: Adherence and Community Support Supervisor
Place of mission: Khayelitsha-Cape Town-South Africa
Duration: 8 months (with potential for permanent position)
Start date: 01-August-2012
Reports directly to the: Project Coordinator
Main Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead, continually develop, implement and monitor the ART and TB treatment initiation counselling pilot at 2 public sector sites – Kuyasa and Nolungile CHC in Khayelitsha in collaboration with the Field Coordinator including ongoing intensive stakeholder engagement with this pilot.
- Provide management, implementation and monitoring support to the Field Co-ordinator for:
- Continued operational support for the roll out of the facility ART adherence club model in Khayelitsha and the Cape Metro
- Implementation of the community ART adherence club pilot
- Implementation of the mobile monitoring and evaluation pilot to support ART adherence club M&E
- Qualifications required: University degree in any of the following: Psychology/Social Work/Health Promotion/ Public Health / Nursing with specific interest in patient support or related health qualification.
- Additional qualifications: Management related qualifications an additional advantage
- Experience required: Professional experience in the HIV/AIDS field and in the public health sector required. Further advantage will be given to applicants with experience in: management, adherence strategies, psychosocial support , monitoring and evaluation of psychosocial activities
- Language(s) required: English. Xhosa a strong advantage
- IT Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Windows.
- Skills required:
- Common sense, patience and good communication skills
- Strong in human resources management
- Energetic, resilient, diplomatic and dynamic person
- Strong team leadership
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Ability to work in a small team under pressure and independently
- Reporting and analysis skills
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date 20 July 2012.
Posted in Job opportunities