The Axios Foundation (Axios) is dedicated to increasing access to care in developing countries through innovative approaches, with emphasis on improving health and social systems and building local capacity. Axios provides strategic consulting and implementation services that increase access to medicines, diagnostics and healthcare. Axios provides its clients with expert knowledge of HIV, cancer and other chronic diseases, as well as specialized expertise in healthcare delivery in low- and middle- income countries. In collaboration with its clients, Axios is dedicated to improving access to healthcare in low- and middle-income countries.
Axios Foundation is seeking Senior Advisor, Health Information Systems candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Health Systems Strengthening Project in South Sudan. The goal of the Health Systems Strengthening Project is to increase the ownership and capacity of County Health Departments (CHDs) and State Ministries of Health (SMOHs) to ensure the provision of high quality primary health care in Western Equatoria State (WES) and Central Equatoria State (CES). The Health Systems Strengthening Project will facilitate the implementation of more effective management systems and processes that enable the provision of higher quality health care services and, thus, better health status outcomes.
The Senior Advisor, Health Information Systems will lead the development and strengthening of health information system (HIS) at the state and county levels in the states of Western and Central Equatoria. The position will be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Lead all HIS project activities including developing materials and facilitating trainings and other capacity building activities.
- Assist the CHDs and SMOHs to coordinate and harmonize parallel health information systems within Western Equatoria State and Central Equatoria State.
- Build capacity in quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information at the CHD and SMOH levels for program planning and management use.
- Work with facility-based staff and service providers to improve their capacity to collect, report, and use facility-level data for facility management.
- Facilitate the implementation of the HIS standardization process, and maintain system-wide training materials to support generalized infrastructure strengthening and development planning.
- Support the CHDs and SMOHs to use HIS data to track, monitor, and project medical and pharmaceutical needs.
- Ensure high quality and accuracy of HIS related reports and deliverables, and timely submissions.
- Work closely with State Ministries of Health to determine systems requirements for HIS activities and to develop operational plans for implementation and roll out.
- Develop systems requirements, analysis, and design specifications to ensure the project is adequately equipped to meet HIS related objectives.
- Conduct assessments, training, and compose reports for HIS activities.
- Serve as project contact for health information technologies and create networks and partnerships with leading organizations that will complement project activities.
- Facilitate the participation of CHD managers, clinicians, and monitoring and evaluation professionals to discuss approaches to improve the availability and use of quality data to improve health programs.
- Masters level degree in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, health administration, demography, statistics, epidemiology, etc.
- 5 years of demonstrated expertise, with substantial developing country context experience, in facilitation of health information system strengthening, including central level coordination and systems integration, and sub-national strengthening for quality collection, analysis, dissemination, and use of health information.
- Demonstrated experience in strengthening human resources information systems (HRIS) is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Previous experience in a developing country context is required.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com
Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line.
Posted in Job opportunities