The President’s Emergency Plan for Aids Relief (PEPFAR) Fellowship Programme offers an exciting opportunity for masters’ level students and graduates to be placed with Grandmothers Against Poverty and Aids (GAPA) for a twelve month paid fellowship.
Location: Khayelitsha, Cape Town
The fellows job description will intail the following:
- Contribute to vision of the GAPA project to ensure its set goals and objectives are met.
- Provide assistance and support in the development of the programme overall operational plan
- Advise and support the project management
- Ensure system strengthening GAPA administration and programmes
- Facilitate training and provide assistance to GAPA staff members and grandmothers in leadership positions
- Provide technical support on the development and implementation of GAPA operational plans
- Develop programme budgets and fundraising proposals
- Facilitate procurement of necessary equipment and supplies for the specific programmes
- Provide technical support and advice with financial needs of the programmes
- Develop framework for Monitoring and Evaluating. Including project monitoring to track performance, constant evaluation of the effectiveness of the monthly, quarterly and annual activities;
- Analyse programme data and make recommendations on a regular basis to continually inform project strategy
- Disseminate project progress to implementing partners and stakeholders
- In collaboration with GAPA management, assist in the writing, editing and coordinating the development of training manuals, guidelines, job aids, newsletter and /or brochures as appropriate to the programme
- Manage existing GAPA social media platforms i.e. blog, facebook and twitter
- Masters level education in the fields related to community development, policy development or social sciences
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Experience in community based organizational work
- Training and facilitation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and professional ethics
- Computer literacy
- Valid driver’s licence
- Knowledge of PEPFAR rules and regulations and programme activities.
To apply for this position you must have completed a Masters Degree or have completed 80% of your Masters course work. South African citizenship or permanent residence is essential.
For more information please contact: Leanne Camara PEPFAR Fellowship Programme Tel: +27 12 816 8305/6 OR +27 12 816 9000Fax: +27 086 567 0289 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO APPLY ONLINE www.fellowship.foundation.co.za
Posted in Job opportunities