Health Systems Trust is a dynamic, not-for-profit organisation that supports the development of an equitable and comprehensive health system for the provision of quality health care in South and southern Africa.
Health Systems Trust wishes to appoint six full-time Provincial Coordinators for the CDC District Support (SA SURE) Project to strengthen local capacity in the provision of sustainable HIV-related care and treatment in six provinces (Eastern Cape, Free State, KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Northern Cape and North West). This is a one year, fixed-term contract position, renewable based on funding and performance.
- Build and maintain partnerships with all stakeholders, including provincial and district Department of Health (DoH) staff, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), community bodies and civil society groups
- Build the capacity of health district DoH and NGO managers and technical staff
- Support the development and implementation of work plans to ensure timeous achievement of the project deliverables
- Manage, supervise and mentor the project’s district-based staff to ensure effective and efficient project implementation
- Apply sound project management, ensuring accurate record-keeping, timeous reporting and optimal use of all project resources
- Align all planning and project activities with the relevant PEPFAR and DoH policies, such as the Negotiated Service Delivery Agreement (NSDA) and the Partnership Framework
- Medical or Nursing degree and current registration with the relevant Professional Council of South Africa
- Postgraduate qualifications in HIV and AIDS Management or Masters in Public Health or any other appropriate postgraduate qualification
- At least 3 years HIV and AIDS clinical working experience.
- Proven project management abilities, experience in the design, administration, management and implementation of public health programmes, including supervision of staff and reporting.
- Previous work experience in NGOs or PEPFAR-funded programmes will be an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of HIV prevention, treatment, care and support programmes
- Good understanding of the South African government health system, including the policies and management structures at national and provincial levels
- Skills to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be deadline driven
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written
- Valid drivers’ licence and willingness to travel extensively
- Time conscious, self-motivated and results-driven
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to use initiative towards achieving the programme goals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Preference will be given to applicants residing in the particular provinces this project will be supporting
A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered to the successful candidate.
A detailed CV, together with names and contact details (preferably e-mail addresses) of at least three referees, should be sent to Ms Kemona Pillai at: Fax: 031-266 9199 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: MIDDAY 11 NOVEMBER 2011
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HST reserves the right not fill this post.
HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT EQUITY People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted in Job opportunities