Location: Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg, KZN
Degree Requirements: A degree in Social Work with a relevant Masters degree
- Degree in Social Work and appropriate field experience.
- Registered with SACSSP.
- Computer literacy
- Good planning and implementation skills
- Drivers licence EB
- Knowledge in statutory work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Network with state and NGO social workers.
- Excellent leadership qualities.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Passion for young people’s development
Personal Requirements: To apply for this position you must have completed a Masters Degree or have completed 80% of your Masters Course work. South African citizenship or permanent residence is essential.
Contract: 12 months
Commencement Date: November 2011
To provide social and psychological services to orphans and vulnerable children as well as to their primary care givers and assist with the implementation of project activities as required.
- Evaluation and support of YFC clients (OVC and their primary care givers) who have social problems
- Evaluation and support of YFC clients (OVC, and their primary care givers and YFC staff) with emotional and psychological problems
- Referral of YFC clients for specialised services that the social worker cannot provide
- Timely follow up of YFC clients to make sure that referred services have been provided
- Provision of counselling services to learners affected and infected with HIV and AIDS
- Render counselling and support to victims of rape and interpersonal violence
- Assess YFC clients with suicidal ideation and offer timely counselling services
- Offer counselling and support to learners dependent on substances (alcohol, drugs etc), refer to treatment centres for further intervention
- Empower learners with education and skills to make informed academic choices (career guidance)
- Facilitate OVC acquisition of social grants and other enabling documents such as Identity Cards and Birth Certificates
- Liaise with other stakeholders to report problems faced by the population of Elandskop and Edendale areas where YFC works and assist in resolving them as efficiently as possible
- Conduct home visits as required and do follow ups • Compilation and preparation of reports of work done
- Work closely with the other 2 NGO partners in the programme (Community Care Project and LifeLine (PMB)
- Attend weekly management meeting.
- Ensure that all the necessary forms, e.g. assessment forms are filled correctly and properly before submitting them to the Data Capturer.
- Pass any official outgoing correspondence to Tineyi for verification.
- Report on successes and challenges monthly.
- Attend all implementers meetings and carry out responsibilities pertaining to May’khethele programme.
- Hold meeting with your supervisor, giving feedback and reporting on progress
- Discuss problems, issues, plan resolution
- Arrange formal training and skills development where necessary.
- Facilitate Psychosocial classes in school with Facilitators
- Facilitate all staff debriefing sessions with the help of the project manager
- Help in siblings assessment process with the outreach team
- Facilitate all placements of children in care centres
- Manage project budgeting, spending and programme reporting
- Plan for and spend money in line with IP and PD.
- Ensure that money spent is accounted for according to the services financial requirements/ rules. (Provide prove of purchase).
- All cash/cheque requisition must be authorised by Tineyi or the One YFC directors.
- Reports Submit quantitative and narrative report. Submit monthly report on the 1st of every month A monthly report involves the following:
- Challenges faced
- Future events
- Statistics – Child protection, economic strengthening, general education PSS to OVC and Non OVC
- Stories- Submit life changing stories/significant things that happened to our beneficiaries caused by the project’s intervention.
- Personal Development
- Find a mentor outside of YFC to enhance your personal development.
- Attend monthly supervision with Project Manager
- Spiritual developmen
- Attend all YFC spiritual events.
- Conduct morning devotion together with other projects once a week
- Plan a spiritual development for your staff
- Ensure adherence to the core values of YFC/KZN. The Core Values being:
- Draw up your work schedule quarterly, use job description and year planner as guideline
- If you are going on leave ensure that all deadlines that will fall on the date of your leave are submitted before you go.
- Fulfil duties on the YFC Leadership role
- Plan and participate in Youth for Christ staff camp
- Attend all internal and external trainings.
For more information please contact: Leanne Camara PEPFAR Fellowship Programme Tel: +27 12 816 9000 / 9088 Fax: +27 086 567 0289 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website to apply online.
Posted in Job opportunities