In the pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy. The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Developing teaching material and teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate students in health policy and management;
- Participation in the undergraduate medical programme;
- Development of learning materials;
- Assessment of learning;
- Administration of core activities that support teaching and learning;
- Mentoring and coaching of junior colleagues;
- Supervision of postgraduate student research;
- Undertaking independent research.
- Masters level qualification in a related management and policy field, eg. Public Health;
- Subject mastery and curriculum development in at least two areas in health policy and management;
- At least three years formal teaching experience in health management in a higher education context;
- Two years experience in leading, organizing or co-ordinating a postgraduate teaching programme of public health importance;
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the health policy and management environment;
- Proven successful supervision of postgraduate students’ research projects;
- Competence in the application of a statistical software package, (quantitative or qualitative);
- Proven academic capabilities (training, research, service);
- Appropriate language and communication skills.
- MPH or MMed (Public Health Medicine) or equivalent;
- An additional educational qualification is preferable;
- At least three years experience in working in a management position in a population-based activity/programme etc.;
- Experience with national or regional bodies in health policy and management.
Applicants are requested to complete the online application on the UP website by accessing the link: www.up.ac.za/careers@up, and to attach the following documentation in support of their application:
- A comprehensive and updated Curriculum Vitae;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names and contact details (telephone and e-mail details) of 3 contactable referees;
CLOSING DATE: 18th November 2011
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs J E Wolvaardt – Tel: (012) 354-1169
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment in the post as advertised.
Posted in Job opportunities