PURPOSE: We are seeking to appoint a full-time Project Manager on a fixed term 1 year (renewable) contract to coordinate and manage the Health Systems Strengthening project and to provide support to other HST projects. This is a one year contract position which is renewable based on funding and performance.
The Project Manager will provide strategic direction and technical support to the project team. He/she will be responsible for initiating and implementing activities related to the project. The candidate will also contribute to other initiatives within the organisation such as proposal writing.
– Coordinate the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Health Systems Strengthening project.
– Liaise with the National and Provincial Departments of Health, clients and funder/s Management of the project
– Supervise, guide and support the project team
– Ensure high quality project outputs
– Risk management Participate in meetings, conferences and workshops in collaboration with other projects and units
– Contribute to the preparation of annual budgets and align these with the strategic objectives of the organisation
– Internal and external reporting as required
– An appropriate university degree or equivalent in health
– A post-graduate qualification in public health on a Masters level will be a strong recommendation.
– At least 5 years experience in the Public Health field
– Project management experience is necessary
– Experience in Health Systems Strengthening will be a recommendation
– Experience working in an NGO environment will be a recommendation
– Project management
– Excellent writing and communicative skills
– Strong computer skills, including spreadsheets, databases (understanding of applications of word processing, and internet/e-mail)
– Ability to analyse and interpret technical information
– Competent in Monitoring and Evaluation Knowledge and understanding of Primary Health Care, District Health Systems
– Development and key health policies
– Ability to supervise others and give direction
– Good interpersonal skills
– Excellent time management Ability to work in a team as well as work independently
– Confident leader
– Dynamic, enthusiastic and proactive
– Open-minded and consultative
– Commitment to equity and respect for cultural diversity
– Willingness to travel as required
REMUNERATION: A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with HST's Job Grading System will be offered to the successful candidate. Prospective candidates must be prepared to travel throughout South Africa.
APPLICATIONS / ENQUIRIES: A detailed CV, together with names and contact details (preferably email addresses) of at least three referees, should be sent to Ms Kemona Pillai at: Fax: 031-266 9199 e-mail: email@example.com Closing date for applications: 19 August 2011
Be part of our network of leaders and innovators.Join now