Location: Eastern Cape Province
Degree Requirements: Masters degree in Social Sciences, Development or a health- related field. The successful incumbent should also have the ability to:
- Develop an application in the evaluation and / or operational research of programmes, to include the design and implementation of evaluation strategies.
- M&E and/or Research experience would be an added advantage.
Personal Requirements: To apply for this position you must have completed a Masters Degree or have completed 80% of your Masters course work. South African citizenship or permanent residence is essential.
Contract: 12 months
Commencement Date: 1 October 2011. Applications close 29 July
- To finalise and implement the unified M&E system for the site level CMMB in the Eastern Cape Province in collaboration with local site colleagues and the CMMB Team.
- To work closely with the M&E Manager and Project Manager to introduce and monitor implementation of the new projects and provide feedback to both and team members, to ensure efficient and effective M&E of all project activities at all times.
- To ensure consistency of approach at the site level in the M&E of the projects in collaboration with the M&E Manager and Project Manager, using M&E tools developed (hardware, software, written guidelines). To provide feedback to management and team members for changes/improvements to strengthen programme implementation, as appropriate.
- To coordinate quarterly data collection and analysis of statistics and submit Quarterly Service Statistics & Progress Report to M&E Manager and Project Manager.
- To assist in the compilation of 6 monthly Performance & Financial Donor Reporting with Project Manager for submission to M&E Manager.
- To undertake regular monitoring and technical support visits to the field including clinics to assess progress against approved M&E Plan.
- To work closely with Project Manager to design activities to strengthen the capacity of local staff in M&E activities of the CMMB projects through provision of technical support e.g. skills assessment, training and appraisals.
- To support the design and implementation of baseline/midline/and other surveys according to the approved workplan,
- To work closely with Project Manager and M&E Manager to conduct regular project reviews, the Mid Term Reviews and Final Evaluation.
- To contribute to provincial wide organisational learning by preparing and disseminating data, lessons learned, good practices and statistical, qualitative, and anecdotal evidence provided by activities of CMMB to stakeholders.
- To assist Project Manager to produce a variety of written documents e.g. data summaries, workshop reports, etc.
- Support the Project Manager in the revision of work plans and strategies In collaboration with CMMB Team , National Office
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within the province.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
- To assist M&E Manager with all relevant training
B. AREAS TO MONITOR/REVIEW
- Statistics-specific to individual projects.
- Implementation and monitoring of Information Management Systems
- Referral system with partner organisations / clinics – effectiveness of the system and quality of services provided to referred clients.
- Field activities: IEC dissemination, awareness and advocacy programmes both at community & provincial levels as per the approved work plan /M&E Plan.
- Relevance and effectiveness of trainings (both at National and Site level).
- Other activities ¬– e.g. level of collaboration with government officials and other partners at clinic, site and provincial levels.
- Data quality monitoring for all projects
For more information please contact: Leanne Camara PEPFAR Fellowship Programme Tel: +27 12 816 8305/6 OR +27 12 816 9000Fax: +27 086 567 0289 E-mail: email@example.com or visit our website to apply online: www.fellowship.foundation.co.za
Posted in Job opportunities