Soul City Institute for Health & Development Communication (Soul City Institute) is a dynamic and innovative multi-media health promotion and social change communication organisation, which has been in existence since 1992. Through drama and entertainment Soul City Institute’s mass media vehicles reach more than 16 million South Africans. This is achieved through 2 main brands, Soul City targeted at adults and Soul Buddyz targeted at 8 – 14 year olds and adults in their lives. Soul City Institute uses a unique combination of media, social mobilisation and advocacy to create an enabling environment for social change, empowering audiences to make healthy choices, both as individuals and as communities.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and suitably qualified professional to assume the following position: Monitoring and Evaluation manager, Reporting to the Executive: Strategic Integration, 2 years fixed-term contract with benefits.
- In consultation with the Executive: Strategic Integration, develop a strategy and project plan for the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities for Soul City Institute programme interventions, SA campaigns and regional campaigns;
- Ensure the successful implementation and alignment of monitoring and evaluation activities for Soul City Institute programme interventions, SA campaigns and regional campaigns;
- Advise on the design, implementation, analysis and interpretation of evaluation studies to assess if Soul City Institute programme interventions, SA campaigns and regional campaigns have achieved their objectives, as well as, to ascertain the reach and impact thereof;
- Conduct epidemiological and statistical analyses on data collected to evaluate Soul City Institute interventions, and supervise post-graduate students to conduct such analyses;
- Conduct data quality audits internally and with partner organisations; • Provide specialist input into the design of monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Disseminate results from evaluation studies nationally, regionally and globally;
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation processes with partners from the NGO, government and academic sectors; and
- Keep abreast of national and international monitoring and evaluation techniques and integrate such into the organisation’s monitoring and evaluation systems to enhance the effectiveness thereof.
- A post graduate degree or an equivalent qualification in research, public health or epidemiology;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health related projects and programmes; • At least 5 years experience in quantitative research in a health related field;
- Experience in data analysis of health related data using appropriate software such as SPSS or STATA 8;
- At least 3 years experience managing budgets and finances in excess of R1 million per annum;
- Minimum of 3 years experience at a managerial level, including managing teams;
- Sound knowledge of public health;
- Sound project management skills and understanding of project management processes and methodologies; • Able to analyse and evaluate data and information;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Knowledge of the edutainment development process would be an added advantage; and • A valid driver’s license.
Closing date for applications: close of business on 5 april 2011.
Please forward your cv and cover letter to: email@example.com For enquiries please contact HR on (011) 341 0360.
If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
Posted in Job opportunities